Three simple reasons to choose Payara
Our vision is to optimise Payara Server to make it the best application server for production Java EE applications.
- 24/7 Production & Development Support
- Basic, Professional & Enterprise Support Levels
- Web, e-mail, telephone & screen sharing
- Remote & On-site Consultancy
- Optimised for Production
- Production Tuned Domain Configuration
- Secured by Default
- Added Production Enhancements, e.g. Slow SQL Logging & Healthcheck Service
Always Open Source
- Derived from GlassFish Server Open Source Edition
- Public Open Source Development
- GitHub: raise bugs, submit feature suggestions & feedback
- Focusing on community development & encouraging users' involvement
Supported by dedicated Engineers 24/7, Payara provides you with:
- Three levels of Production Support to choose from
- Developer Support & Consultancy
- Quarterly Payara Server & Payara Micro releases
- Monthly patches, hot fixes & bug fixes
- 10 years Support Lifecycle Policy
Payara Server is and always will be open source. We are open to your ideas and feedback - if you have a new feature suggestion or a bug to raise, let us know on GitHub Issues. You can also become an official contributor - sign the CLA and help us improve Payara Server! Additionally, if you buy a Payara support subscription, you're directly contributing to the development of Payara Server & Payara Micro.
Payara Server's trademark and code are owned by Payara Foundation - a UK based not-for-profit company with the mission to ensure the continued development and maintenance of Payara Server as open source software for the benefit of its community of users.
Payara Micro - Small, Simple, Serious
Payara Micro enables you to run war files from the command line without any application server installation. It is small, < 70 MB in size, and incredibly simple to use. Payara Micro enables Java EE developers to build cloud-native microservices without learning any new skills. With its automatic and elastic clustering, Payara Micro is designed for running Java EE applications in a modern containerised infrastructure.
Payara MicroProfile release is a cut-down build of Payara Micro 164.1. We have taken Payara Micro and shrunk it to support the MicroProfile apis; JSON-P, CDI and JAX-RS.