How Payara Enterprise is Developed
Software. Security. Stability. Support.
Components from many open source projects are integrated into the Payara Enterprise Platform software distribution. The goal is to deliver a coherent, well integrated platform, ensuring that all the components across all the different upstream projects work well together to deliver a stable runtime for mission critical applications.
Payara Enterprise Components
- Eclipse Jakarta EE projects
- Eclipselink for our JPA implementation
- Jersey for the JAX-RS implementation
- Tyrus for WebSockets
- Yasson for JSON-B
- ….and many others
- Apache Foundation
- Apache Felix is the foundation of Payara Server
- JBoss community
- Weld for CDI
- Validator for bean validation
- Hazelcast forms the foundation of our Data Grid
- MicroProfile APIs
- Payara Platform Community Edition
Security & Stability
The engineering team selects the correct versions of different components depending on stability, security status, bug fixes and functionality, to produce the best Payara Platform Enterprise software build. The team then build an optimised configuration built for production, including components that deliver additional capabilities for mission critical environments.