Trix IT Runs 70% of Web Solutions on Payara Platform

We are always keen to find out more about how the Payara Platform is being used by companies worldwide. Listening attentively to users allows us to develop a sound understanding about which services are valuable for them and to continuously develop the platform with end users in mind.

A recent company we’ve been in touch with is Trix IT, based in Brazil. We have spoken with Marcos Soares, their Executive Director, and he was happy to share further details of their large-scale Payara Platform usage with us and the community.

Find out more about their success story in the interview below:

1.Where is Trix IT located and what services and products does the company offer?

Trix IT is located in Brasília, Brazil’s Capital City. It offers outsourcing services in software development and connectivity for healthcare operators. We offer mainly software products for the health area in general.

2. Who are your primary customers and where are they located?

Our clients are companies and organisations in the health industry. The main users of our software products are doctors, surgeries, laboratories, hospitals and other health service providers.

Those companies and organisations are distributed throughout the Brazilian territory.

3. How did you hear about Payara and how long have you been using this server?

We found out about Payara through the internet. We were running our applications on Glassfish and before that we were using SunOne.

We have been using Payara for about 3 years.

4.What kind of applications do you run on Payara and how many Payara units are being used?

Today, 70% of our Java web solutions run on the Payara platform. The other 30% use Jboss and Wildfly. We have approximately 60 Payara instances running just in the production environment.

Applications running in the Payara environment today are JavaWeb applications n tier, with Desktop module (JNLP), and access to data distributed through EJB. There is also a great demand for WS / M2M integrations, with other systems and third-party manufacturers, all of which also address the ramifications that the health business provides. The main application (flagship) Trix TI uses Java 8, Struts 2x and Spring 3.2.x.

5. Was there a specific challenge you faced in the Trix business operations that the Payara Platform solved for you?

With the DataGrid, Payara Platform 5 solved our problem of unavailability of web application instances in a scenario of load balancing by sticky session, without session replication. Before, when an instance became unavailable in the web-farm, all users connected to that instance were directed to the login screen of another instance, depending on the distribution of the balancer (we used HAProxy v1.5).

In addition, it provided us with the hot deploy of the system versions, which were previously only performed at dawn due to the low number of connected users.

6. What is your favorite tool in the Payara Platform?

The DataGrid. This tool facilitated the clustering of web applications, especially older ones. Hazelcast has met expectations.

7. If you could add a new tool in the Payara Platform today, what would it be?

An analysis tool for sessions shared by Hazelcast / DataGrid.

If you are using the Payara Platform to run critical applications in large environments and would like to share your success story, please get in touch.

Topics: News & EventsTagged

Back to Team Blog

Back to top