What is Payara Server?
Payara® Server – Robust. Reliable. Supported.
You need the right Java application server to develop and deploy applications that enable you to stay one step ahead of your competitors. Changing business demands require a flexible Java middleware platform that supports continuous development, reliability, and secure deployments of Java™ Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications in any environment: on premise, in the cloud or hybrid.
Payara Server is a fully supported, developer-friendly, open source application server. Payara Server’s architecture is innovative, cloud-native and optimized for production deployments. The application server, officially compatible with Jakarta EE 8 and Eclipse MicroProfile, is built and supported by a team of DevOps engineers dedicated to the continued development and maintenance of the open source software and committed to optimizing Payara Server as the best option for production Java EE / Jakarta EE applications.
Three Simple Reasons to Choose Payara Server
- 24×7 and 10×5 support levels
- Web, e-mail, telephone & screen sharing
- 10-year support lifecycle
- OpenJDK support included
- Cloud-native architecture
- Support for Microsoft Azure™, Amazon AWS™, Google Cloud Platform™
- Compatible with Eclipse MicroProfile™
- Container-friendly, including Docker® & Kubernetes®
- Integrated Data Grid
Always Open Source
- No licensing fees
- Derived from GlassFish Server Open Source Edition
- Public open source development
- GitHub: raise bugs, submit feature suggestions & feedback
- Focused on community development & encouraging users’ involvement
The Payara team is extremely proud to be among the first few companies to achieve Jakarta EE 8 Full Platform Compatibility, starting with Payara Platform 5.193.1. This is a significant milestone for Payara and the team has done a huge amount of work to get this done. I think this is a great adoption story for Jakarta EE in general as Payara Server is not a Java EE 8 implementation and this shows that Jakarta is an open standard and can bring in new organisations and implementations.