Using Payara Micro with Kubernetes on Azure AKS
Kubernetes has become the de-facto solution for container orchestration in the cloud. Kubernetes is a complex tool designed for operating hybrid platforms. If you intend to deploy a Payara Micro Kubernetes cluster on the Microsoft Azure cloud, you have to follow specific instructions for how to set up a Kubernetes cluster in Azure before you can use the cluster. Azure has a specific implementation mechanism for provisioning new clusters, which integrates well into the Azure tooling and infrastructure.
This guide shows you how to create a new Kubernetes cluster in Microsoft Azure and to set up a deployment using a sample WAR application running on Payara Micro.
In this user guide:
- What is Azure Kubernetes Service?
- What is Azure Container Registry?
- Understanding the concepts of Microsoft Azure
- Requirements for how to set up your environment
- Creating the Kubernetes cluster
- Creating a private Docker registry in Azure linked to a Kubernetes cluster
- Payara Micro sample application
- How to prepare the Docker image to deploy in the cluster
- Provision your Kubernetes cluster with a new deployment
- Testing the application in the cluster
Category: User Guide