The Payara Platform
Payara Platform Enterprise vs. Payara Platform Community
Payara Platform Enterprise
Software. Security. Stability. Support.
Choose Payara Enterprise if you’re migrating mission critical apps from another application server or you’re planning to run Payara Platform in production.
Payara Server Enterprise – the best application platform for production Jakarta EE apps.
Payara Micro Enterprise – the platform of choice for containerized Jakarta EE and microservices deployments.
Payara Platform Community
Open Source Server Runtimes.
Choose Payara Platform Community for development projects, or when innovation is higher priority than security and stability.
Payara Server Community – cloud-native, innovative middleware platform that supports Jakarta EE applications in any environment: on premise, in the cloud, or hybrid.
Payara Micro Community: lightweight middleware platform of choice for containerized Jakarta EE and microservices deployments.
Enterprise vs. Community Support
Included Enterprise Support Benefits
- Choice of 24×7, 10×5, or Migration & Project Support provided by Engineers
- Customer Hub
- Private customer knowledge base
- OpenJDK support
- Upgrade tooling
- Access to optional Payara Accelerator Consultancy services
- Get assistance on Payara Forum
- Raise bugs on GitHub
- Tech Blog
- User guides & datasheets
Stable and Secure
- 10-Year Software Lifecycle
- Designed for mission critical, production environments
- Security alerts, fixes & hot fixes for urgent problems
- Downported patches
- Full support for ecosystem components (Maven plugins, Cloud Connectors, IDE connectors, etc)
- New features added after stability confirmed
- Rapid access to new features
- Software experimentation
- Suitable for development projects
Enterprise vs. Community
Features & Benefits Comparison
|Feature||Payara Platform Enterprise||Payara Platform Community|
|Suitability||Production and Development||Development|
|Security alerts and fixes||Best endeavors fixed in the next release|
|Support||Engineer-provided 24x7, 10x5, or Migration & Project Support (Unlimited tickets)||Community-based support on Payara Forums|
|Maintained Docker images||Latest release only|
|Open source|| |
with Open Source Assurance
|Experimental features||New features added after thorough testing for stability|
|10-Year Software Lifecycle|
|Monthly releases, bug fixes, patches|
|Access to private customer knowledge base|
|Hot fixes for urgent solutions for your current version of Payara Platform in production|
|Zulu Enterprise OpenJDK Support and security updates for Java 7, 8, 11, and beyond|
|Full support for ecosystem and Payara integration components (Maven plugins, Cloud Connectors, IDE connectors)|