Payara Service Engineer
(Eastern Standard – Pacific Standard time zone)
- Preferred Location(s):
- Eastern Standard – Pacific Standard time zone
- On application
We are looking for a Payara Service Engineer based in a US timezone to ensure the success of our customers in North, Central and South America. Payara Service Engineers are the key customer and community facing engineers within Payara.
The key goals of our Service Engineering team are to drive Payara Platform adoption by ensuring users are successful with the Payara Platform
The key responsibilities for the role
- Provide support to customers using the Payara Platform in production or migrating to the Payara Platform.
- Solving customer issues through our support portal, writing knowledge base articles and ensuring we meet our SLAs.
- Evangelizing the Payara Platform including speaking at conferences, developing blogs and written guides and delivering webinars that educate and drive adoption of the Payara Platform.
- Providing feedback to product management on how customers use the Payara platform in order to drive our future product roadmap.
- Working in both the MicroProfile and Jakarta EE communities to help shape the future of Enterprise Java.
- Assisting in the development of enhancements and fixes to the Payara Platform products if the opportunity arises.
- Enabling the open source community to be successful through participation in our forums and on GitHub.
- Through Payara Accelerator deliver consultancy services to customers remotely or on site.
What is highly desirable
- 2+ years Java development experience
- 2+ years’ experience of Enterprise Java development including Java EE, MicroProfile and/ or Spring.
- 2+ years’ experience with application servers for example Payara, GlassFish, JBoss, WildFly, Tomcat, WebLogic, Open Liberty or WebSphere
- Ability to learn new technologies rapidly
- Confident in a customer facing role, front and backline
- Fluent in Spoken and Written English.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills highly desirable.
- Experience using Zendesk and/or other helpdesk tools.
- Some on-call working is required.
How to Apply
Send your CV/Resume to email@example.com – we will contact you if we wish to take your application further – thanks and good luck!
No agencies please.
Payara Services Ltd is an innovative open source software company at the leading edge of Java technology. Our core products are open source application servers Payara Server and Payara Micro, freely downloadable by developers around the world for production use. Payara offers support and consultancy services for Payara Server and Payara Micro users. Our vision is to optimise Payara Server to make it the best application server for production Java EE applications; with responsive 24/7 dedicated incident and software support delivered by the best middleware engineers in the industry.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please see our Recruitment Privacy statement available at https://www.payara.fish.