What is Payara?
Payara Server – Derived from GlassFish, with 24/7 Production Support.
Payara Server is a drop in replacement for GlassFish Server Open Source Edition, with the peace of mind of quarterly releases containing enhancements, bug fixes and patches - see the Data Sheet here.
Our vision is to optimise Payara Server to make it the best application server for production Java EE applications; with responsive 24/7 dedicated incident and software support delivered by the best middleware engineers in the industry.
To see exactly how Payara Server is better than GlassFish, check out our comparison table.
There is also Payara Micro, which enables you to run war files from the command line without any application server installation. It is small, < 70MB in size and incredibly simple to use. With its automatic and elastic clustering, Payara Micro is designed for running Java EE applications in a modern containerized/virtualized infrastructure, using automated provisioning tools like Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
Not sure if Payara Server is the best choice for you? See our Customers Page to find out more about those who already decided to invest in Payara Server & Payara support; or check out the Community Testimonials.
Meet the Team
The engineers behind Payara Server collectively hold a wide range of Java EE and GlassFish skills, expertise and knowledge.
With a combination of experience, know-how and passion for open source and Java EE, we feel we have exactly what it takes to make Payara Server the best application server for production, whilst continuing to build a stronger Payara Server community.
Why are we doing it?
We want to help those who are using GlassFish or Payara Server in production
- We have a thorough understanding of GlassFish internals
- We believe GlassFish is a great application server and it should remain at the heart of Java EE
- We want to make Payara Server the best application server for operational environments
- We want to keep GlassFish & Payara Server community strong, encouraging community involvement and contributions
- Building on their GlassFish roots, we want Payara Server and Payara Micro to drive forward open source innovation & development