The NetBeans Community invites you to a day of free sessions and workshops hosted at the historic University of Greenwich campus (London) on Tuesday 31st May 2016. Join us at this free event from 10.00 to 18.00. Payara are one of the NetBeans Day UK sponsors.
The day will include a wide range of NetBeans related talks with for both beginners and experts alike. You can look forward to:
- Demo-oriented sessions, with as few slides as possible. Lots of code!
- Leading speakers and Top Industry experts to answer your questions.
- Many useful takeaways and practical Tips and tricks.
- Sessions for Desktop, server and beyond using Java and non-Java languages.
- Tips and tricks for using NetBeans in the classroom.
- Lots of opportunities to speak to fellow developers and users.
- Several leading UK companies will be showcasing their innovative uses of Java and NetBeans.
Light snacks and drinks will be provided, as well as lunch, and we look forward to a fun-filled and active day, at the end of which you will have gained many new insights, while extending your network.
- 10:00 – 10:45 NetBeans Community News (Geertjan Wielenga, Oracle)
- 10:45 – 11:30 Current State of Java & How to Get Involved (Ben Evans, London JUG)
- 11:30 – 12:15 News from Java EE and Payara (Steve Millidge, Payara)
- 12:15 – 13:00 Free Lunch
Track 1: Sessions (45 minutes each)
- 13:00 – 13:45 Get Started with NetBeans IDE (Georgia Ingham/Mark Stephens, IDR Solutions)
- 13:45 – 14:30 NetBeans, TypesScript and Angular2 (Karsten Sitterberg, Munster JUG)
- 14:30 – 15:00 Tea
- 15:00 – 15:45 Reactive Programming with NetBeans and Java 8 (Stefan Reuter, Munster JUG)
- 15:45 – 16:30 Strategies for Live Coding Java (Neil C Smith, Praxis LIVE)
Track 2: Workshops (1 1/2 hours each)
- 14:30 – 15:00 Tea
- 15:00 – 16:30 Get Started Mixing AngularJS with Java EE (Nebrass Lamouchi, Davidson)
- 16:30 – 17:00 Raffle, Prizes
- 17:00 – 21:00 Dinner & Drinks
PAYARA SERVER & NETBEANS
Payara Server & NetBeans are perfect for creating RESTful web services and web applications!