Payara Degree Apprenticeships
- Salary –£14,560 – £24,000
- Based at Malvern Hills Science Park, WR143SZ
- Full-time, permanent, 37.5 hrs/week, starting Autumn 2018
- 25 days paid holiday per year + 8 bank holidays
- Employee Pension matched up to 5% by employer
- Employee Benefits program
- Globally recognised Team to work with
Want to Become an EXCELLENT Software Engineer?
Then Payara Services Ltd is the place for you to become a Degree Apprentice!
As part of the global team, you will gain hands-on experience of development work using Java. You will play a role in developing new cutting-edge technology that already has users all over the world.
You will gain invaluable experience in a friendly, fast-paced start-up business environment, developing your skills on a revolutionary new piece of software. As an employee, you will make real world impact, generate business revenue and gain invaluable business knowledge. Are you ready for the challenge?
To support you fully, the company offers on-the-job training, but you will also be part of the exciting Aston Degree Apprenticeship Program.
How the Program Works
The degree is 4.5 yrs BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions giving you an accelerated path into the IT industry.
The pattern of University study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach – distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
Most importantly there are NO Student Loans and NO tuition fees – the government and Payara pay for you!
Are You the Apprentice We’re Looking For?
- Some Programming Experience – Java or Python
- Some Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to work to deadlines and to prioritize work
- You should have a demonstrable interest / passion in technology (e.g., a hobby or some work experience – you may have designed a website or taught yourself some programming. Have you used GitHub?)
You need to have 7 GCSEs Grades 9 – 4 (Grade 4 or above GSCE Maths & English.) and 3 A Levels or equivalent (BTEC L3) in STEM subjects or have predicted grades of CCC or above.
How Do You Apply for This Fantastic Opportunity?
First of all contact Payara, then visit Find an apprenticeship and Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship.
Some More Info About Payara
Payara Services Ltd is developing Payara Server that is derived from Glassfish. It has been developed as a drop-in replacement for GlassFish Server Open Source Edition, and it is released quarterly with bug fixes, enhancements and patches.
In addition to the continuous development of Payara application server, we also provide 24/7 production and developer support and consultancy services for GlassFish and Payara Server users.
Our vision is to optimise Payara Server to make it the best application server for production Java EE applications, with responsive 24/7 dedicated incident and software support delivered by the best middleware engineers in the industry.