Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
- Preferred Location(s):
- Malvern Office
- £289/ week (£15,028/ year) - first year
- Vacancy Type:
Want to become an excellent Software Engineer? Then Payara Services Ltd is the place for you!
As part of the global team you will gain hands on experience of development work using Java.
25 days paid holiday/year + 8 bank holidays
Employee Pension matched up to 5% by employer
Employee Benefits program
Globally recognised team
You will play a key role in developing cutting edge technology that already has users all over the world!
Your role will include developing Payara Server, writing Java code, conducting functional and performance testing, maintaining the development infrastructure, writing marketing blogs, attending technical events run by the company and so much more – no day is ever the same!!
You will gain invaluable experience in a friendly, fast paced business environment, developing your skills on a revolutionary new piece of software with a world class team. As an employee you will make real world impact, generate business revenue and gain invaluable business knowledge ….. are you ready for the challenge!!!
To support you fully, the company offers on the job training, but you will also be part of the Aston Degree Apprenticeship Program. The degree is a B.Sc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions. This has three, eighteen-month stages, each equivalent to a normal academic year. Each stage comprises three six-month blocks. This pattern of study is designed to fit around full-time employment and uses a blended learning approach, which mixes distance learning, work-based study and attendance at on-campus study days.
• Alternative, accelerated path into the IT industry.
• 4 ½ year study and work programme
• BSc (Honours) in Digital & Technology Solutions through Aston University
• Sponsored – no student loan or tuition fee debts
What skills / quals / knowledge / experience a successful candidate will have
- Highly Desirable
- Programming Experience – Java
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work
- You should have a demonstrable interest / passion in technology e.g. A hobby or some work experience – you may have designed a website or taught yourself some programming. Have you used GitHub?
- You should be developing your skills in teamwork and using your collaborative skills to build successful relationships
- You should be able to communicate well and be able to articulate ideas in a concise, influential way, both in writing and speech.
- You should be analytical and creative with the ability to come up with innovative, effective solutions
- You should have the flexibility to travel if needed
You should have 5 GCSEs Grades 9-4 and Grade 4/5 GSCE Maths & English.
Candidates should have (or be studying) 3 A Levels or equivalent, preferably including STEM subjects or alternative qualifications and have gained or have predicted grades of CCC or equivalent
How To Apply
Send your CV/ Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will contact you if we wish to take your application further – thanks and good luck!
No agencies please.
Payara Services Ltd is a dedicated team of professionals devoted to open source, Java, our customers, and the community. We are major contributors to the development and engineering effort of the Payara Server Open Source Project and the Payara Foundation. Our global Support Engineers deliver 24/7 production, development and migration support directly to customers worldwide.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please see our Recruitment Privacy statement available at https://www.payara.fish/legal-privacy-policy/.